After the Fire: The Hidden Dangers of Post-Fire Water Damage
The aftermath of a fire can carry devastating consequences for your home and belongings. Once the flames have been extinguished, your problems are far from over. Lingering smoke and difficult to remove soot can mean unpleasant odors and stains on household surfaces and furniture for years to come, unless removed or properly cleaned. Additionally, the water used to beat the flames during the firefighting process could further damage your house and possessions, leading to sogginess, saturation and even hazardous mold growth. If you’re coping with fire damage and subsequent water damage in your home, there is only one solution: To hire the services of a professional emergency restoration service.
While some emergency restoration professionals specialize in just one type of service, be it fire damage, water damage or mold remediation, others are skilled in helping homeowners recover from all three at once. If you’ve recently experienced a fire in your home, your first instinct may be to call a fire damage restoration company; however, given the fact that you’re likely dealing with a great deal of water damage as well, you would be better advised to contact a full service restoration provider like Alladin Restoration. They can help you determine which of your belongings cannot be salvaged, which ones can be spared, and how to restore your home to a livable state in order to protect your health – and the health of your family.
Firefighters use water to fight flames, but once the fire is over you may have an equally daunting problem on your hands: Mold growth. While some types of mold growth aren’t particularly noxious, others – known as “black mold” – can release spores into the air that are downright dangerous. These spores can cause nausea, headaches and severe respiratory problems, particularly in children, the elderly and people with compromised immune systems. Your pets can also be susceptible to health problems associated with the proliferation of black mold.
Once mold begins to flourish in your home, it can be extremely difficult to remove completely. That’s why the best solution is to stop the problem before it starts – and if your home has experienced any kind of post-fire water damage, you can bet that mold is on its way. To reclaim your home and your life and protect your family at the same time, contact a professional restoration provider today. This complicated and exacting process should not be taken lightly, and an expert will have the tools and experience necessary to make the remediation process a success.